Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Reunion Day Morning

Happy Chinese New Year Eve! Feeling abit crazy now and in holiday mood. The office is so empty and even the parking space is half empty. I came to work one half hour late today. Nope, not cannot wake up but as compensation and time-off for coming really early last Friday for conference call with customer.

Guess only few crazy people like us will come to work on the eve of Chinese New Year. It is either that or we are the lucky ones that did not have to prepare or cook for the reunion dinner. Will be going to my aunts house later in the evening with my family. Not going to cook anything to bring there. Instead, will be bringing one roasted duck and chicken that dad bought from Hong Kong Noodle House in Seberkas.

And the nicest part is my boss already announced that we can all go back at 3pm today if there is nothing urgent! WOOHOO!!! So, today I start work at 9.30am, lunch at 11.30am to 12.30pm and then go back at 3pm! SO NICEEEE! So, maybe I will make my no-bake cheesecake after going back from work later but I will need to go to Everise BDC to get the Marie biscuit for the crust first. Totally forgotten about that! I wonder if I have time to make the chocolate cheesecake too later. Oh well, we will see. No rush. After all, not much to do after coming back from the reunion dinner except to wait for 12 midnight.

Woke up at 6am today (Yah, I am crazy!). My parents, bro and sis woke up at 5.45am! They went out at 6am to buy some roast pork and meat. And I actually managed to get my lazy butt out of the bed at 6am to bake 2 types of cookies, i.e. Pineapple Tart and Cheddar Cheese Cookie.

I prepared the pineapple balls yesterday and rolled them into tiny balls so that it is easier to handle today. If you want to make long shaped tart, just roll the jam into long roll and cut them using the knife. For the pineapple tart recipe, click here. Cheddar Cheese Cookie is another recipe that my family likes. This is actually something that is more healthy especially for my dad who have diabetes. Salty and not sweet at all. All in all, the baking took about two half hours. Actually, rather surprised by this as I thought it would take longer.

All this baking and friends calling for the no-bake cheesecake recipe makes me think of my old time dream to set up my own bakery. But alas, those remain as a dream, for now anyways. Perhaps in the future I might consider taking up Ashop which offer complete solution to online ecommerce software business owner and merchants. I guess I can try them since they claim to be the leading provider to host the shopping cart software. I just hope that when I actually do start to sell my goodies online, the shopping cart will not act up especially for someone that is not computer savvy like myself!

Anyway, Happy Chinese New Year to all and may you have a good rest during the new year. And also may the God of Prosperity be kind to you and bestow upon you all the richness that you desire. Hugs & Kisses!

No comments: