Pineapple tart has always been a family and friends favourite especially during Chinese New Year (ermm..I think especially during CNY because I refuse to make them at any other time..haha!). This is a recipe that I have been using for many years. The crust is extremely light and it is the kind that melts in your mouth. The pineapple jam is also homemade and it is not too sweet. The ready made pineapple jam (especially for jam tart) can also be used but this can be rather sweet. The ready made pineapple jam can be found in almost all bakery supply store. Some larger supermarket do have them as well.
Anyway, here goes:
50gm caster sugar
1 teaspooon vanilla essence
400gm caster sugar
2 big pineapple (grated)
1 tablespoon butter/marjerin
1 cinnamon stick
1. Cook the grated pineapple and caster sugar until the sugar disolved completely
2. Add the butter/marjerin and cinnamon stick.
3. Stir and cook using low fire till the pineapple jam is thick and the color is slightly brownish.
4. Once done, turn off the fire and leave the jam to cool.
1. Cream the caster sugar and butter/ marjerin
2. Add in the egg and vanilla essence and mix well
3. Add in the flour slowly and mix well.
4. If using pineapple tart cookie cutter, leave the dough in the fridge to cool for about 10 min.
5. Remove from the fridge, roll out using the pin and cut with the cookie cutter.
6. Place the cookie on a buttered baking tray and spoon a small amount of the pineapple jam on top of the cookie
7. Bake the cookie in the oven for 15 minutes at 180 degree celcius.
This makes about 100pcs depending to the size of the cutter. If you are making your own jam, please make sure that the jam is cooked throughly and thicken well. If this is not done, then the pineapple tart will go mouldy rather quickly.