Woke up pretty early with Babe today being Saturday and all. Both of us slept pretty early last night, just before 1am and end up waking around 9.30am (Yar, thats early for Saturday when we both not working la:P) Anyway, after having a cuppa each and share a ham sandwich for breakfast, I finally just couldn't sit still and not bake/cook something. Was watching Jamie Oliver Pukka on Astro last night and he was making this really simple looking chocolate almond cake. And since babe also love chocolate cake and I am still experimenting with the microwave oven capability, I decided to check if I have enough stuff around the kitchen to bake the cake.
I must say, the cake turn out SUPERB! Very moist and chocolatey with small chucks of almonds for extra texture. Babe enjoyed it so much he had two slices of it with another cuppa of coffee. Hopefully, there are still some leftover for me to bring to office Monday! HEHE!! Here are the photos:
200gm Caster Sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
3 tablespoon cocoa powder (disolved in just enough hot water)
100gm smashed almond
100gm smashed chocolate bar
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees
2. Cream the butter and caster sugar. Beat till slightly fluffy and pale.
3. Add the flour and baking powder to the butter sugar mixture.
4. Add the eggs and mix well
5. Add in the cocoa mixture and stir.
6. Add both the almond and choclate and mix well.
7. Pour into a well greased 8 inch baking tray and cook in oven for about 30min at 170 degree.
Cake is ready when the toothpick inserted through the middle of the cake comes out clean. To make the topping, just melt 100gm butter, 100gm dark chocolate, 100gm icing sugar and 4 tablespoon milk. Melt over boiling water in a pot. When everything is melted, just pour it over the cake and let the magic work! :)