Wednesday, January 16, 2008

What is Love?

What is love? This is the question that came to my mind yesterday and today. Feeling melancholic and abit depressed actually. Maybe that is why I am thinking of all the blue-blue topics for blogging. So far, nothing seems to go my way this week. The maid's father decided not to let her daughter start working with us until after the harvest season, which will be in Mar08. Despite all the questions and worries that my mom and I had about leaving her alone most of the time at our home, we were looking forward to it.

And then, yesterday, just after lunch, received an email from the training provider that the training next week very likely will be postponed as a group from a company has cancelled. She requested that we do not issue the airticket yet and will confirm latest by today. OMG! How can they do this so near to the training. My tickets and hotel vouchers are all issued and waiting for collection only. I recommended another training provider to my manager which will be on 21 and 22 Jan but I guess I need to wait for the current one to confirm before I can even think of registering for the other one!

So, last week was a beautiful week where everything seems to go so well. But this week, I just dont know..sigh.. Sometimes I wonder if I am jinx or it is just God's way to train me not anticipate until it actually happens. Sigh.. Sorry for sighing again.

Anyway, back to the topic, What is love? I actually did this once for my Toastmaster Speech projects but cant find the draft in my archive. Actually there are so many definition of love. It can be the love between mother and child, love between friends, love between to lovers, love for God and so forth. There are simply too many combination to write them all down here. But based on my understanding and to put it in a very simple form, love is when someone give themselves to another without reason and accept the other unconditionally at all times.

Imagine this, a son who is a drug addict with AIDS and the mother acceptance of the son into her arms when he is released from the rehabilitation center. The mother have every reason to be angry at the son and reject him but without condition or reason, she accept him back to her and most definitely will nurse him when he become sick in later stage of his life.

Another scenario, a married man and a beautiful widow, seen together at the cafe, chatting & laughing animatedly. A small town where everyone know everything, people started try to stare discreetly at them and wonder if an affair is brewing. And wondering how daring the husband is to do this openly in public. And as always, gossip travels faster than good news, the wife heard about it. Almost immediately, she dispute the rumors and said that she trust and love her husband very much. She firmly said that the lady is a family friend and need her best friend (in this case the husband) support. This is love without reason, without condition.

I can give you many more examples but I think I better not bore you. I am fortunate that I found my love at early age, or rather love found me. I do not know what the future will hold for my babe and I. It might be tough or it might be smooth sailing until old age or till the day we die. The world is never perfect and will never be. God make it in such a way that we know the meaning of suffering so that we can understand what is happiness & joy when we experience it. Life that is without its up and down is like cooking without spices.

No matter what, I do know that because of love, we will be able to accept each other without any reason or condition other than the fact that we love each other. I hope that each and everyone of you will at least experience the different kind of love at least once in your life time. I hold tight to the believe that it is better to love and lost than never to have love at all. Hugs and kisses to all!!!

2 comments:

Johnny Ong said...

really liked yr imagination as i do have to imagine like that when i write my drama scripts (at least a 30mins long) for my plays in church.

JenJen's Place said...

Hi Johnny,
Thanks for visiting ^_^
Not so sure about me having good imagination. I only know that I am a dreamer:P

Wow! 30min long drama script! That is what I call talent!