Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Homemade Honey Dried Pork

So many people is shocked with the price of dried pork people are selling this CNY. And I was really glad Rose told me to get my butt to Windy's Corner and have a look at her homemade honey dried pork. The recipe and method is so simple that I can hardly wait to try them out. But before that, let me share them. Perhaps we should boycott the bak kua people selling this year and make our own?? hahaha..

Ok here goes, recipe from the Windy's Corner blog:

200g minced pork
1 ½ teaspoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon dark/light soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoon sugar
Some salt and pepper

Put all the ingredients in a bowl. Mix them up with a pair of chopsticks or fork. When the mixture becomes sticky, prepare a sheet of baking paper and put the mixture on it. Put a sheet of cling film on top and use your hand to flatten the mixture a little, then using a rolling pin, roll until it’s only 2-3mm thin.

Put the meat mixture now on a wire rack and grill it for 12-15 minutes on once side, then turn over and cook for 5-7 minutes more. Take the rack out and let it cool for 10 minutes before cutting it into smaller pieces. The meat should be a dark golden colour and a little sticky. Serve it warm or cold.

Oh yah, it was also mentioned that you should not roll the meat too thick, otherwise it would be harder to cook and tougher to eat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi JenJen - wow! Thanks for linking me to your blog. I hope you will like your homemade 'dry pork'. I guess your friend Rose must be from 'Rose' World'? Also, I'm sure making your own would be much healthier than buying it elsewhere! Supporting the boycott! hehe

JenJen's Place said...

Windy,
Thanks for visiting me..
I like your blog, so want to share with the others ^_^
yah, at least we know what type of pork meat we put in the dried pork~