Sunday, May 16, 2010

I AM A IDIOT!

Okay okay..I should be more diligent in updating my blog or else people will actually stop reading one day? :P Just that sometimes I do not feel the urge to write as much as last time here anymore. Guess as more and more people know about this space, I am more and more reluctant to put down my personal thoughts and feelings that sometimes are not so nice at all. I know some of you will tell me that this is after all my personal space and I can do whatever I want and say what I feel like. But the deal is, well, I know this is where most of my good friends come to when they want to know what is going on with my life. 

SOOOOOOOOOOO, after much thinking and more thinking, I decided I will keep this space and perhaps keep another space for my more personal thoughts and feelings (BABE, dont even bother trying to find it okay because you will never find it :P)

Phew..Glad to have that out of the way.

I actually had been super busy since last Oct2009, yah, ever since I joined the company that I am with now. The work itself is actually not as stressful as the previous job but its all the paperwork and phone calls for last minute demand that took most of my attention. It has always been my passion to find ways either through enhancing the existing system or proposing new ones so that work are more efficient. Sort of like leaving behind a legacy when I am no longer working for the company (yah, I definitely dont expect to stay with a company forever..that is a fact la)

The thing is, my boss keep piling on new responsibilities on top of what I have now. I mean, sometimes it feels that it definitely does not pays to be more efficient or effective that those around me. I am after all hired to handle customer service but recently, the boss has start to ask me to travel and visit customers to build better rapport with them. On top of that, he is expecting me to go visit our sole distributor's dealers.

I mean, that involve alot of traveling and obviously, when I am on the road, in a plane or at the customers' place, I am not able to handle the paperwork required! Okay, so he approved to add headcount to the customer service (and I will say after super long battle) but that takes time. It is never easy to hire people that fits but worse still when the people that the resume HR forwarded to me really SUCKS!

And last Friday, went into his room to inform him of my itinerary for my trip to Jakarta the following week, instead, he told me to sit down. I knew immediately what he will say. I just knew it! And it is extremely frustrating because I never agreed but I am starting to get emails & assignments related to it. I am really not sure how will myself and the CS exec going to able to handle all the additional workload. Inevitably, some of the work will definitely gonna slide and standard drop and I absolute hate that! How to be efficient & effective when at the end of the day, you are simply to tired to think?

Oh, er..I better start from beginning?

When I was on my way back from my daytrip from Singapore last Wednesday (this is another story to tell altogether), while waiting at the airport, I got this sms from the logistics exec that he just tendered his resignation. I found out that he actually told almost everyone in the company. Anyway, at the back of my mind, I was wondering who will be taking over the responsibility of logistics area since the exec has not been confirmed and he only need to give two weeks notice, ie. much much too short a time to actually find a replacement. (come to think of it, since I have not gotten the official confirmation letter, it means that I am also only require 2 weeks notice????)

I guess at the back of my mind, I have already suspected what will happen because either its that or another colleague of mine will be asked to do it and frankly speaking, she is also super bogged down already.

Anyway, after I seat down, boss asked if I know the latest update & news. Of course I knew and I asked him when is the exec last day. AND I also asked my boss what is his plan to replace the vacancy (YAR, idiot right me?). The way he responded to me, I knew he was testing the water especially the way he beat around the bush. Bottomline is, Jen, I need your help to monitor and guide the logistics. 'A' will handle the operations but I need someone to take hold his hand and basically monitor and track to make sure that things go according to plan.

'B' will be sharing this responsibility with you. When 'B' is back, we will have a group discussion on how to share this plan. So, blur to whether I actually agreed and what exactly is the new responsibility, I got out of his office. An hour letter, got an email for the standard operation procedure in logistics for loading flow and processes. Guess who is the person-in-charge????  GGGRRR!!!

Sigh! I keep telling myself to see the positive side. For example, I will be getting a new headcount. So, can pass the paperwork that I am doing now to the new person and concentrate on strategic management of the team. And I am traveling again (LOA works!). Eventually I hope to travel to Paris, Thailand and other sister companies around the world. I am learning more, experience more, seeing more and hence, improving my resume and attractiveness to the headhunter. Very very good chance of promotion very very soon (YAR R, your J buffet coming reality nearer and nearer?).

All, in all, pretty good. I just need to hang in there. Just hope I can do this long enough till something really really good come along for both babe and I....keeping my finger crossed!!! PG PG PG PG!! :) 

2 comments:

Dav DiDi said...

Jia u!!!!

JenJen's Place said...

Didi,
HAHA! U actually read the long long long posting???? haha