Friday, December 5, 2008

So, what is my resolution???

Ok! So back to my goals for the next few years. Let me see:
Immediately Goal (1 year time)
1. Get married (hahaha...obviously this will be achievable!)
2. Settle credit card with one of the bank. (I think the amount is less than RM4K. Plan to pay it off with my 13mth salary next year)
3. Start a proper budget and expense plan with babe & try to save as much as possible (economy not good. Better dont simply spend)
4. Lost some more weight (I have a number in mind but not going tell u guys! HAHA! Hopefully, this would be very easy because I might be traveling more and if 40hours flight and airport does not help, then, I dont know what else does)
5. Buy a good digital camera (Thinking of the new IXUS but if Sum willing to selling her G9, then I will definitely forgo the IXUS and get the G9)

This should be enough for the next one year. And what I wanna achieve before my next milestone, 35?
Short term (before I am 35)
1. Have my first baby
2. Climb the career ladder in my current company
3. Settle my another credit card
4. Settle my car loan

Damn, and now, the big four oh (40 lar).
Long term (before I am 40)
1. Second baby?
2.Finish paying for the house in Kuching
3. On top of the career ladder and be the highly demanded business planner in the industry

I think that should be enough for the next 10 years? I think babe has another plan for the next 5 years. He wanna relocate back to Kuching to work. But the way I see it, if he does get his license and then is bonded by his company, I doubt he will want to (or able to) go back in the next 5 year. Even the next 10years might be difficult because Kuching simply do not have the market for SHO. Alot of our friends are here and most of them said they similar things like he did, i.e. go back to Kuching within x-number of years. And most of them are still here!

Guess it is hard and difficult to up and go once especially if everything has settled down nicely especially for the kids.

p/s: I still have not book our ticket to go back during CNY! I asked my parents to come to KL for CNY holiday - Mom said ok but Dad don't want. Sigh.....How ah? Celebrate CNY here alone with babe? So lonely ler. Cannot imagine not with my family for reunion dinner..

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't go wrong with a Canon! :-)

Ching Ching said...

Eh, go celebrate new year with me at Brunei lor. :P Be the free tour guide. :P

Something Private said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dav DiDi said...

Wahhhhh .... so many resolution .. got short and long term some more .. hhmm, i dont have long term wor ..

JenJen's Place said...

Hi Gallivanter,
Hahaha..yar for compact camera but for DSLR, I am looking at Nikon...DROOL!!!

JenJen's Place said...

Chingx2
Alamak..if I go Brunei for CNY, might as well I buy ticket to go back Kch,right?

JenJen's Place said...

Didi,
Does that mean that I win? AHAHAHAHA! Haiyah, every1 have different way of setting resolution mar..

Rose world said...

Wa lau Jen, you already thought so far, up to 40?? I didnt think that far yet. But like you, before 35, 2nd bb, do the thing I want to do (be own boss)!! hahaha!! We definitely go back to Kapit for next year CNY

Kok said...

jenjen,
You really plan ahead! Until the big 40! Aduhhh! I think I'm the lousy one. I didn't even plan for next month. :P

I'm just curious and kaypo hor...why did you owe credit card so much? I mean, most of the people do that nowadays and I just don't know what they used for the money.

JenJen's Place said...

Hi Rose,
Hehehe! I find that it works better to have short, medium and long term goal. Each milestone motivates me to the next one :)

Sigh..cant believe gonna be 40 in 9yrs time my fren!!! Time flies.

JenJen's Place said...

Hi Kok,
Hahaha! You are still so young. Still have time to do alot of things. I am getting old lor. In the 30s! So must plan one...

Anyway, I was stupid lar when in my younger days and not very good at managing my finances (not that I am good now but better at it I hope). So, I always advice those younger people not to have credit card if they can help it because it is never wise to 'borrow' money from the future or the world most licensed 'loanshark'.

Kok said...

jenjen,
Eeeekss! But I think I also still need to plan lah. If not, how ah? hehehe.

How much did you borrow from the world most licensed "loanshark" last time? Wah! But I think, nowadays, no matter what, you still need to have at least one credit card. Just for the sake of convenience lah. If not, you'll even have trouble getting AirAsia ticket. haha!

JenJen's Place said...

Hi Kok,
I am glad you thought that out yourself. So the reverse psychology works!!! :P

How much I 'borrowed'?? Too much for my liking. I like to be as debt free as possible. Sigh! Having credit card is actually very convenient but make sure you have the discipline to pay them off immediately.