Friday, December 12, 2008

I am ONE today

PHEW!! Hard to believe. It has already been a year since I started this crazy obsession of mine! Yap, my blog is a year old today. Ain't that the most amazing thing? I checked and realised that I have 350 posting in 365days. That is almost one posting per day. Of course, there were some some days that have more than one posting and some dry days with no posting for a few days. But then again, on average, one posting per day. WOW! I never know I can talk so much.

I initially started blogging because I was thinking of using this as another source of income. You know, blog for MONEY! But somehow, after awhile, I realised that I do not have the discipline or determination to do that. Of course, the fact that my blog's rating was not sufficient to get those assignments coming in steady flow, which further discourage me from going on. But then, this is another new year for my blogging obsession (yap, it is still an obsession even after a year) and I might just try to do something to increase those bambling rating to get more steady flow of assignments.

Back then, I was also planning to use blogging as a way to sharpen my story writing skill as it has been my dream to become a romance novel writer but again, those were derailed with my daily life and activities. I know I know, excuses but I just cant get the inspiration or motivation to sit down and start writing. I know what you are going to ask: How come you have time for blogging? Well, blogging and writing novel is completely different. To write the novel, I need to immense myself completely in my story in order to write a good one. But blogging, well, i just let my real feelings show! Cant do that when writing romance novel. No one want the real life reality love life. Everyone wants to know about the fairy tale part!

Then, when I relocated to KL, the blog is a way for me to tell my friends back home what is up with my life. This way, I dont have to repeat a few times to different people the same story over and over again. So far, it has worked because now, not only my friends in Kuching know I am getting married on 29 Dec, the world seems to know too! HAHA!

I have also makes friends, some really good ones through blogging. I found people that actually thinks like me. Like they say, great minds thinks alike! HAHAHA! Anyway, I am glad Rose introduce me to blogging. Although sometimes, I do feel lazy to update my blog but never in my mind did I actually ever thought I can stop blogging. Somehow, this is more addictive to me than even the world most delicious food!

So, happy birthday to me!!! :D

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! :-)

dumb-baker said...

Epi Birthday!!!!

JenJen's Place said...

Galli-dear,
THANKS! Time to sloge thru another yr...

JenJen's Place said...

Hi Baker,
hehehe...thanks!

twosuperheroes said...

Awwwwww.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Jen!! We love reading your stories, so continue writing more yeah! Haha.. :p

twosuperheroes said...

Oops...we meant "Happy Birthday, Jen Jen's Place"! Haha..

JenJen's Place said...

Hi 2Superheroes,
HAHAHAHA! Thanks on behalf of JenJen's Place! ^_^

Kok said...

jenjen,
Happy birthday to your blog! More posts to come ya!:)

JenJen's Place said...

Hi Kok,
Thanks! Will try to be more emotional n post more :P

Kok said...

jenjen,
Emotional???? I'm looking forward for your wedding posts! :D

JenJen's Place said...

Hi Kok,
*blush* Oh! I thought you like me emotional outburst and moaning! hehehehe!

No photos yet..sigh!~

KristyCK said...

Happy belated birthday Jen! :-)