Pic taken from Rose blog (bluek!!hehe)The potato salad is actually a request from dad to go with the BBQ that we had on last Friday. The potato salad that I made this time is actually very different from the ones that I made long time ago. Reason, one of the ingredient for the other type of potato salad is very difficult to find. I think I have tried a few supermarkets such as Everise, H&L, Boulevard and Nguikee but I cant seem to find the Salad Cream Sauce from Heinz. All they have seems to be the one for fruit salad (which is too sweet for my taste for any kind of salad).
The one that I made this time is actually similar to something that I tasted at babe's sis bbq. I have always love it but the sister was guarding the secret very closely. So, I experimented and hope for the best. I think it turn out ok especially since my family whallop more than 1kg of potatoes already! hehehe.. So, let me share the recipe
1. 1kg potato - boiled and diced to bite size
2. 1 Large Onion - chopped
3. parsley - chopped
4. 3-4 eggs - boiled and mashed
5. 3-4 tbs mayonaise
6. 2-3 tbs olive oil
7. parsley - chopped
8. 2 tbs mustard (more if you prefer the tangy taste)
9. 3-4 tbs honey
10. Salt to taste
1. Mix the diced potato, chopped parsley and onion in a large bowl.
2. In another bowl, mix the rest of the ingredient (#3-10).
3. Pour the #2 above to the potato and mix well
4. Refrigerate for a few hours or until the salad is cold.
After boiling the potatoes till it is cooked, remove them immediately from hot wafer and leave to cool. This will ensure that the potatoes are fluffy and yummy.