Found this recipe somewhere and planning to try it when I go back to Kch for my CNY holiday but lazy to bring paper..sooo...gonna type the recipe here. Should be good as I found out, any layer cake recipe with horlick or kaya, sure nice!
10 eggs (grade A/ large)
2 cup caster sugar
1 can condensed milk
160z Golden Churn Butter (or any good quality butter)
1 tsp vanilla essense
3 cup Hong Kong flour
1 tbs Van Houten Cocoa Powder (or any good quality cocoa powder)
1 tbs browning
1 cup horlick
1 tbs ovelette
1 pkt cadbury chocolate
1. Separate the egg white & yolk, beat each till fluffy & separately. Set aside.
2. Beat butter & castor sugar & vanilla & ovelette till fluffy. Add condensed milk & mix well.
3. Add the egg & butter mixture together gently.
4. Add HK flour little by little till finish.
5. Divide into 2 portion:
- add horlick litle by little to 1 portion little by little
- add browning & cocoa powder to the other portion
6. Use 8x8 tray. Spoon in the white layer and use the top flame only.
7. Add chocolate layer on top and layer cadburry choc & bake.
8. Repeat till finish.
NOTE: Heat = 170 degree per layer. Adjust timing accordingly.