Monday, June 13, 2011

I am ALIVE! ^_^

Hi! Now that I have time on my hand, time to start updating this place again..well, at least for the next few weeks till I start at my new place *grin*. For those that know me personally, yes yes yes, I am a grasshopper hopping yet again to a new place. But seriously, if you are in my position, you would be doing the same thing. Never in my 10years+ of working life, just after 2 months in a new work environment, I am throwing in the towel and makes be wonder if it is worth taking this job up simply for better pay and benefits. A friend of mine (SK) was actually telling me that it is my hormones making me feel this way and I should fight it. No offense my friend, I have tried to fight it for last 2 months but after being stabbed repeated at the back by colleagues that you thought are your friends (all in the space of 2 months), I decided I do not have the tolerance to play this advance level of game that is being played here. EVERYTHING and I do mean everything is about position & office politics here!

And to make matter worse (and confirmed my decision), people are actually spreading rumors (again, from someone that I assumed is a friend) that I am resigning because I am asked to by my manager. Seriously, I do not know what such rumor will benefit the person but I guess maybe the person felt all powerful and mighty? If someone can shed light on this, please, feel free to enlighten me.

So, today, I will be calling my boss @ 5pm to re-confirm that I have not changed my mind about the resignation and to ask him to let me know how he wants me to proceed with the passdown. We spent about 45minutes last Friday to discuss my resignation. Most time was him trying to convince me the prospect of working in the company, i.e. financial and career path. No doubt, if the economy continues to boom, the financial return will be good too. As for career path, I seriously do not see beyond where I am now. So, yes, I admit very frankly (admitted to the interviewer as well) that I made a mistake by tendering from my previous company which offers me immediate promotion upon receiving my resignation and clear career path to top management.

But, looking back, every move I made enrich my knowledge and experience. Except while in this company, I never have any regret leaving my previous companies because each decisions was made with careful deliberation and sound judgments. The lesson I learned? Never resign simply for financial benefits because I believe if money is the motivator, most of the time, the job will not motivate you. Take me for example, by joining this company, my salary actually increase leaps and bounds, the benefits were so much better and job scope (on paper, theoretically) sounds so much simpler. But I overlooked the work culture in the company which is totally different from my tolerance level.

Anyway, last day will be 30 Jun. CANT WAIT! HAHAHA!!

7 comments:

said...

Wow. Count down again. Sure there are lots of opportunity to grab. Take care

JenJen's Place said...

err....sk, is tat u? Chinese writing....
Yar, 2 more wks to go....

Daddy said...

Hi...Joining or leaving a company always encompass an element of risk or miss opportunities..I know because I have left a couple and joined a couple..Looking back, some were good and some were bad too...but through it all, my life moves on and I have managed to learn a little from each of this decision that makes me wiser (hopefully) and grown a little...I don't think there is ever a right or a wrong decision...it's just a decision that points us to a different path and what lies ahead is for us to decide how we would and should walk it...happiness is what we make it to be no matter what life throws at us ...and from what I have read in your blog, you are truly blessed .....:)

JenJen's Place said...

Hi 'Daddy',
You are right. A colleague of mine was saying the world is wide and it is up to us how we want to journey through it. The most important is happiness and family...without this, nothing else matters much..

Dav DiDi said...

u're alive!!!! .. i mean ur blog

JenJen's Place said...

Dav, Yar...haha...dunno how long la...

Rose world said...

It is time for you to rest too, Jen! You need it anyway.